General technical requirements for advertising materials
- All marketing materials should be provided at least 3 working days before the start of the campaign.
- If for any reason there is a delay in advertising materials delivery, the final deadline to send technically correct materials is the last working day before publication till 16:00. In case of exceeding the final deadline, preparing of materials for publication may be postponed to the next working day, thus delaying the start of a campaign. Compensations in this case will not be granted.
- If the banner technically differs from the standard it’s necessary to specify exact technical requirements before creating it and coordinate the possibility of placing such banner on the Inbox.lv portal. Since all non-standard solutions need to be tested on the real environment, banner should be provided at least 4 days prior the start of the campaign. Otherwise Inbox.lv reserves the right to detain start of the campaign for the term necessary for testing, without granting the compensations.
- Adding sound to flash banner is allowed only with approval of Inbox.lv. The mute sound button should be provided if sound is used.
Landing page URL:
- Link must open Web page with information about advertising campaign; It’s recommended to use only Latin characters in an URL. After click on banner link should be opened in a new window.
Banner weight (KB)
- Please strictly follow our technical specifications regarding banner weight.
Banner technical data
- The current technical requirements for the inbox banners are available here.
Requirements for HTML banners
- The HTML code should be written according to all HTML standards. Inbox.lv doesn’t hold responsibility for situations, if banner is displayed incorrectly in some Internet browsers because of incorrect code. Correctness of the code can be checked up on page //validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input
HTML file with presentation of advertising solution should be in .ZIP archive file, usage of the following file types is allowed as well:
Number and structure of files
- Number of the files should correspond to the number of banner solutions. For example, if there is only one variant in Latvian language then one .HTML or .ZIP file should be sent. If there are two creatives – one in Latvian language and second in Russian language – then for each language a separate file is needed – LAT.zip or LAT.html and RU.zip or RU.html.
- Domain URL for the landing page should be sent together with banner creatives.
If .ZIP archive is sent:
- total number of files in the archive should not exceed 15;
- only one .HTML file is allowed;
- we strongly recommend to use index.html name for .HTML file or to use any other suitable short name;
- it is inadvisable to use file names that could cause reaction from ad blocker software, like, for example, ads.html;
- after ZIP file uncompressing .HTML file of the solution should be accessible in the first level, it is not allowed to hide HTML into other folders.
- According the banner solution for which HTML code is written.
- Up to 300 KB for all uncompressed banner elements combined, up to 150KB – for images.
Link (URL) and clicks count
- Links to the landing page should be embedded into the banner code. If third party scripts are used for clicks count they should be embedded into the code as well.
- Number of links to the landing page is not limited.
- All links should lead to one domain. If HTML file contains links to different domains it is necessary to inform banner administrator about this issue at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise all links will open pages of only one domain (out of those available in the HTML code).
- By default Adbox.lv banner exchange system will gather total amount of clicks from all landing page URLs.
- Link has to be connected only with web page of advertising campaign. It is recommended to use only Latin letters while creating the link. After clicking on a banner the link should open in a new window.
Requirements for Video banners
- Container: MP4. For larger support use also Ogg.
- Video: H.264
- Profile: Baseline Profile (recommended), Main, High.
- Scan type: Progressive. If your video is interlaced, de-interlace it.
- Sound: AAC
- Poster: Poster image also should be provided to be displayed while video is loading or if video is not supported.
Outer resources and tracking codes for third party statistics
- It is allowed to embed URLs to outer sources into HTML code. Statistics tracking codes should be embedded into banner code as well.In such cases the following security measures are mandatory:
- Links to scripts, .CSS and images should correspond to SSL standard, i.e. should start with HTTPS:// or protocol-relative links should be used.
Code correctness and banner view
- HTML code should be written in correspondence with all HTML standards.
- Adbox.lv does not guarantee identical and correct view of banners in different browsers. When writing HTML banner code you have to make sure that it is displayed correctly in all popular browsers. For example, Firefox 39.0+/MSIE 9.0+/Chrome 44.0+/Safari 7.0 +.
- For mobile banners size adjustment must be realized in HTML code (HTML + JS).
Third party JS code requirements
Codes will be published only if they meet the following requirements:
- JS code must run without errors and be syntactically correctly written or have to ensure errors hiding, for example, using window.onerror functionality. Example:
- External JS libraries should be added dynamically – without the use of „‹script src = ‘ other.js ‘›‹/script›”.
- It’s prohibited to use the “eval” and “document.write” functions. The exception is serving scripts that can be inserted into ‹iframe›.
In addition it is advisable to:
- Prevent browser form caching the tracking code requests. For example, if ‹img› element is used for tracking, then for every request (img link) there should be added some unique parameter, for instance, timestamp.
- Purpose of the codes must be clearly defined.
- Third party serving companies must ensure that creative delivery time to user via the serving code does not exceed 200ms.